Off road correspondent, online editor and sometimes racer, Howie is best known for her role at the races taking pictures and handing out big checks to Ryan Graffunder (the other face in the picture), but sometimes throws her hat into the ring, so to speak.
This past weekend I was at the 59th running of the Corduroy Enduro, in Gooderham, Ontario. It bills itself as the toughest race in Canada, and while that might be up for debate (those hurtin’ Albertans know how to make ‘em rough too!) it is certainly in serious contention for the title. It’s especially difficult when you get the kind of rain we had during the week and right through to the weekend. Rocks that are normally grippy when dry become greasy and slippery with mud.
So, I’m sorry first off that it has taken me this long to get this posted. Layne, this apology is for you! I told you Sunday at the Codrington round of the OO XCs that I’d put a post up for you, about the awesome way you stopped to help a Mini Junior rider (Devyn Marshall, one of the youngest riders on the course) who was having problems on a particularly rough section of trail. It was the last cross country of the year, and I missed accepting my award and giving my speech because I was out on the trails taking pictures.
So, I know I usually post my blog up on Mondays, and I’m really trying to get regular with that. I know another editor gets one up hell or high water every Monday, and for that I give him credit, but for me, I just couldn’t bring myself to look at my computer on Monday after two weekends of racing, knowing there’s still like, what? 5 more to go! I’m starting to feel the burn! *laugh*
- ALBERTANS SET TO BATTLE IT OUT AT CANADA’S FIRST URBAN ENDUROCROSS CHALLENGE THIS WEEKEND
- CGRT Welcomes Ryan Linderman
- Gold, gold and silver at X-Games EnduroCross in Barcelona
- Cairoli celebrates 58th career GP in MX1 GP of Brazil
- Roczen opens his Outdoor MX season in winning style
- Monster Energy’s Ryan Villopoto Starts Motocross Season in Dominating Fashion
- Desalle Recovers From Crash to Spray the Champagne
- Anstie Unlucky, but Seewer Podiums at Agueda
- Monster Energy's Villipoto and Bowers Race to the Top of the Podium in Las Vegas
- Roczen Crowned AMA West 250SX Supercross Champion
- Jeffery Herlings Continues to Blitz MX2 GP Scene