It had been a long time since Canadian motocross had sent a successful and truly representative team to the Motocross des Nations. Last fall would have been the first such opportunity. After years of patching together last-minute teams amidst conflict and confusion, Canadian fans were finally going to see three of Canada's top riders compete on the world stage.
Round 1: Agassiz, BC
Sunday April 15
The opening round of the KTM RIDE ORANGE Moto Tour 2012 (Canadian edition!) kicked off last Sunday in beautiful Agassiz, BC. We’re happy to say that the event went off without a hitch … well, there were a few small ones but nothing that the Moto Tour team couldn’t overcome.
Most Canadian moto fans will have their own unique memories of Blackfoot, whether it is a certain rider, a particular bike, a special moment or any other number of possibilities. Blackfoot played a large part in bringing exposure to Canadian motocross and increasing the level of competition. You can't win that many championships and not force other teams to try and emulate your success.
“Influential” can mean so many different things. In this case, I’m going for riders who: have made a lasting impression on the sport, other riders and fans; riders who are exceptional in skill; have had long, notable careers (between 2001 and 2011); and/or continue to inspire the next generation of riders in their disciplines.
- Wild Rose Recap
- Clean sweeps for Metcalfe and Politelli at Wild Rose
- Team Canada MXON Team to be Announced at Motopark Cup June 30
- #Hahngout with AMA Supercross Champion Wil Hahn
- Team Yamaha / Southland Powersports / Vanquish Apparel's Jared Stock Race Report
- Eastern Canadian XC Championships: June 15 & 16 and June 22 & 23
- Team Husqvarna's Cory Graffunder Celebrates EnduroCross Podium
- Highs and Lows for Troy Lee Designs at High Point Raceway
- Metcalfe cakewalks to MX1 clean sweep / Politelli makes it two in a row in MX2
- Hangout with GEICO Honda's Wil Hahn
- Two Days in June this Weekend