Courtland, ON - Gopher Dunes Racing recently announced a new initiative for the 2013 race season which will see riders from across Canada join the GDR organization as amateur support riders. We are proud to announce the first rider to join our new GDR amateur program is 18 year old Konnor Long from Saint John, New Brunswick! Konnor is an up and coming intermediate rider who experienced great successes in 2012 with the highlights being a 6th place finish at Loretta Lynn’s Amateur National in C class and he followed that up with a 10th place in Intermediate at the Walton Trans-Can Canadian Amateur National. Konnor also finished off the year strong competing in Montreal Supercross as an amateur finishing 14th in the MX2 main event. With the additional support from GDR, and guidance of pro rider Tyler Medaglia, Konnor is determined to have a break out season in 2013 and has set a goal to win all of his Intermediate classes at the Walton Trans-Can as he prepares himself for the jump into the Pro ranks! Welcome aboard Konnor!
The Amateur Nationals at Loretta Lynn’s is the largest, most prestigeous amatuer motocross event in North America. A win at the Amateur Nationals gives a rider instant national notoriety and can serve as a springboard to a lucrative professional motocross career. While many riders are content with racing at the local and regional levels, others seek to put their mark on the world stage.
- Wild Rose Recap
- Clean sweeps for Metcalfe and Politelli at Wild Rose
- Team Canada MXON Team to be Announced at Motopark Cup June 30
- #Hahngout with AMA Supercross Champion Wil Hahn
- Team Yamaha / Southland Powersports / Vanquish Apparel's Jared Stock Race Report
- Eastern Canadian XC Championships: June 15 & 16 and June 22 & 23
- Team Husqvarna's Cory Graffunder Celebrates EnduroCross Podium
- Highs and Lows for Troy Lee Designs at High Point Raceway
- Metcalfe cakewalks to MX1 clean sweep / Politelli makes it two in a row in MX2
- Hangout with GEICO Honda's Wil Hahn
- Two Days in June this Weekend