AURORA, Ill. (April 20, 2012) – The 2012 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, season returns to the Pacific Time Zone this weekend, with Seattle’s CenturyLink Field set to host the 15th race on the schedule tomorrow night.
NEW ORLEANS (April 14, 2012) – A crowd of 33,392 filled the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Saturday night, as Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, hosted its 14th race of the 2012 season in a return to New Orleans. One race after capturing back-to-back Supercross Class Championships, Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto, of Poulsbo, Wash., won his ninth win of the season with a convincing effort. In the Eastern Regional Supercross Lites Class, GEICO Honda’s Justin Barcia, of Ochlocknee, Ga., secured his second-consecutive title with a fourth-place finish, while Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Darryn Durham, of Butler, Pa., raced to the first victory of his career.
Roczen Races to First Supercross Lites Class Win of 2012 Season
HOUSTON (March 31, 2012) – Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto, of Poulsbo, Wash., clinched his second Supercross Class Championship tonight at the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, at Reliant Stadium in front of 48,962 fans. Red Bull KTM’s Ken Roczen, of Murrieta, Calif., captured his first Western Regional Supercross Lites Class win of the season.
JGRMX/Toyota/Yamaha’s Davi Millsaps, of Murrieta, Calif., opened the Supercross Class with the Nuclear Cowboyz® Holeshot Award but was quickly passed by Villopoto. Star/Valli/Yamaha’s Bobby Kiniry, of Holland Patent, N.Y., secured the number-three spot on the opening lap but was passed by Motoconcepts Suzuki’s Mike Alessi, of Hilliard, Fla., on Lap 2.
Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Jake Weimer, of Rupert, Idaho, passed Alessi on Lap 3 and held this position to lock in his second third-place finish of the season. Millsaps picked up his second runner-up finish of the season.
“It’s huge,” said Villopoto. “There is a lot of hard work that went into this, and I am only one piece of the pie; the whole Monster Energy Kawasaki team has worked very hard all year to help me make this happen.”
Millsaps moved into third place in Supercross Class point standings.
“I want to congratulate Ryan (Villopoto) on his championship; he rode great all year,” said Millsaps. “It was slippery out there all day, so you had to choose your lines wisely. I am excited to be back up on the podium.”
In the Eastern Regional Supercross Lites Class Main Event, GIECO Honda’s Justin Barcia, of Ochlocknee, Ga., won the Nuclear Cowboyz Holeshot Award with Roczen and Rockstar Energy Racing’s Blake Wharton, of Pilot Point, Texas, following in second and third, respectively. Roczen passed Barcia on the opening lap, and one lap later, Barcia re-passed him to take over the lead.
On Lap 7, Blake Baggett, of Grand Terrace, Calif., moved around Wharton to take over third place. On his way to what was expected to be his sixth win of the season, Barcia collided with another rider on the final lap of the race and crashed. He re-entered the race and finished second. This allowed Roczen to move into the lead and ride to the second victory of his career.
“This is so awesome,” said Roczen. “This is not how I want to win a race. Justin (rode a great race and was really fast tonight, so it is unfortunate that he crashed. I am super happy to be back on top of the box.”
Barcia still leads the championship points race by 32 points over Wharton.
“I don’t know what I can say,” said Barcia. “There is nothing I could do about the crash. I will fight through this and be back in New Orleans.”
CBS will broadcast the Supercross class race at 12:00pm EST tomorrow, April 1, 2012.
Supercross Class Results: Houston
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha
- Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki
- Mike Alessi, Hillard, Fla., Suzuki
- Justin Brayton, Murrieta, Calif., Honda
- Robert Kiniry, Holland Patent, NY, Yamaha
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Kawasaki
- Nico Izzi, Menifee, Calif., Yamaha
- Weston Peick, Wildomar, Calif., Kawasaki
- Josh Grant, Corona, Calif., Kawasaki
Supercross Class Season Standings
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki – 296
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM – 192
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha – 191
- Justin Brayton, Murrieta, Calif., Honda – 181
- James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha – 178
- Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki – 170
- Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda – 166
- Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Suzuki – 154
- Mike Alessi, Hilliard, Fla., Suzuki – 154
- Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla., Honda – 128
Eastern Regional Supercross Lites Class Results: Houston
- Ken Roczen, Murrieta, Calif., KTM
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda
- Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Kawasaki
- Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Suzuki
- Phillip Nicoletti, Cochecton, NY, Honda
- Alex Martin, Millville, Minn., Honda
- Jake Canada, Sun City, Calif., Honda
- Darryn Durham, Butler, Pa, Kawasaki
- Justin Bogle, Cushing, Okla., Honda
- Matthew Lemoine, Collinsville, Texas, Kawasaki
Eastern Regional Supercross Lites Class Season Standings
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda – 167
- Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Suzuki – 135
- Ken Roczen, Murrieta, Calif., KTM – 127
- Darryn Durham, Butler, Pa., Kawasaki – 118
- Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Kawasaki – 106
- Jake Canada, Sun City, Calif., Honda – 104
- Justin Bogle, Cushing, Okla., Honda – 87
- Alex Martin, Millville, Minn., Honda – 65
- Matthew Lemoine, Collinsville, Texas, Kawasaki – 57
- Malcolm Stewart, Haines City, Fla., KTM – 55
Racing returns to action on Saturday, April 14 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
Tune into the enhanced exclusive weekly video content from Supercross LIVE! during the entire 2012 season on SupercrossOnline.com, the Official Website of Monster Energy Supercross.
Weekly Supercross LIVE! Video Content Schedule
The Official Supercross LIVE! Pre-Show Race Days at 11 AM Local Race Time
Behind the Scenes with Supercross LIVE! All Day on Race Days
2 Minutes on the Track Race Days at 3:30 & 5:30 PM Local Race Time
And on the Podium Tonight Following Each Round’s Main Events
The Official Supercross LIVE! Post-Show Saturday Nights at Each Round
Toyota Tailgate Talk Wednesdays at 5 PM ET
After The Checkered Flag Thursdays at 5PM ET
About Feld Motor Sports®
Feld Motor Sports®, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Nuclear Cowboyz®, and IHRA® Nitro Jam®. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.
AURORA, Ill. (March 12, 2012) – After winning his first race of the 2012 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, season in Oakland six weeks ago, Toyota/Yamaha/JGRMX’s James Stewart returned to the top step of the podium last Saturday in Daytona, gaining nine points on Monster Energy Kawasaki rider Ryan Villopoto’s championship lead. This weekend, the schedule returns to the Midwest and the Circle City of Indianapolis, with the 11th race of the season from Lucas Oil Stadium.
Media day is Thursday, March 15 from Noon-2:00 p.m. at the Lucas Oil Plaza.
Atlanta, GA – Red Bull/KTM Factory rider Ryan Dungey secured his second win of the season at the eighth round of the AMA Supercross Series in front of the sold out crowd of 70,000 fans at the Georgia Dome. It was KTM’s second win in this highly competitive class.
Red Bull/KTM Factory Team riders Ryan Dungey and Ken Roczen made it a night to remember at the Cowboy Stadium in Texas to both finish on the podium in second and third places respectively in the seventh round of the AMA Supercross and the opener of the SX Lites East.
Villopoto Flies to Third Consecutive Monster Energy Supercross Win at Cowboys Stadium
Barcia Opens Eastern Regional Supercross Lites class Championship with Big Win
Oakland, Jan 28, 2012 – Red Bull KTM’s Ryan Dungey put in another great showing in Round 4 of the AMA Supercross on Saturday night to finish in fourth place to maintain his top finishes and hold onto the red number plate. Factory teammate Marvin Musquin also excelled in the Lites class to be on the podium in second.
- Volume 12 Issue 5/6
- Colton Facciotti Joins Honda Canada for their 2014 Off-Road Race Program
- JGRMX Partners with GYTR®
- JGRMX Welcomes Phil Nicoletti
- OFTR Trailer & More Stolen
- FERRIS JOINS 4-RIDER US RED BULL KTM FACTORY TEAM FOR 2014
- Canadian Motocross Promoters Organize to Advocate the Advancement of the Sport
- Destination Canada for International GS Trophy 2014
- Motorcycle and Powersport Atlantic to Debut in 2014
- Graham Jarvis proves why he is the No.1 at the Roof of Africa
- Off Road Motorcycle Community loses a Legend - Kurt Caselli Dead at age 30