The series is half way done now, and Monster Energy/Leading Edge Kawasaki/Thor’s Teddy Maier has shown that he is the man to beat in front of Jeremy Medaglia. The Red Bull/Royal Distributing/Fox Racing/KTM rider has really stepped it up for 2012 and is currently sitting a mere 20 points off the lead. Jared Allison, aboard his Yamalube/BlackfootDirect.com/Troy Lee Designs backed Yamaha, sits in third showing that consistency is key; he’s been able to keep the YZ250f near the top. Maier’s team green teammate, Kyle Beaton, started off strong, but shows that one bad race can really throw a wrench your plans. Honda rider Topher Ingalls, on the other hand, sits in fifth, showing that the opposite is also true; one or two good results can really boost a rider’s position.
So we’re past the half way point in the Monster Energy Motocross Nationals. With Gopher Dunes done there are only four rounds remaining in the 9 round series, Ste Julie, Riverglade, Sand Del Lee and Walton. Monster Energy/Leading Edge Kawasaki/Thor’s Matt Goerke has a tremendous lead in the MX1 class, having handed only a single win over to OSTFF/Rockstar Energy/Yamaha’s Bobby Kirniry. In his rookie year in the big bike class, Tyler Medaglia has managed to keep his Gopher Dunes Racing/Powersport Canada Honda/Troy Lee Designs ride in front of former teammates and series favourites Colton Facciotti and Dusty Klatt on their Red Bull/Royal Distributing/Fox Racing/KTMs.
*The Provincial race in Calgary on Saturday, June 16 will be an Amateur National Qualifier.*
- Desalle Recovers From Crash to Spray the Champagne
- Anstie Unlucky, but Seewer Podiums at Agueda
- Monster Energy's Villipoto and Bowers Race to the Top of the Podium in Las Vegas
- Roczen Crowned AMA West 250SX Supercross Champion
- Jeffery Herlings Continues to Blitz MX2 GP Scene
- KTM's Mike Brown Wins AMA EnduroCross Season Opener
- The Atlantic CMRC Motocross Spring Series begins at Riverglade Motocross Park
- TwoTwo Motorsports Wins Inaugural Jackpot Challenge Team Award Thanks to Keon McLeod
- GDR in partnership with Honda Canada and Troy Lee Designs is set to kick off 2013 season!
- Monster Energy Kawasaki's Ryan Villopoto Wins Third Straight Supercross Title
- Villopoto clinches third straight title