Irvine, CA (July 10, 2012) – The 2012 GEICO AMA EnduroCross Championship already includes a five round series for women. Those five rounds were strategically selected to avoid conflicts with other major race series and allow all of the top female riders to compete for the championship. Due to popular demand from both riders and fans, a women’s class will be added to the three events that did not already include it; Ontario, California, Denver, Colorado and Everett Washington. They will be non-points awarding events but will allow female riders to compete in their own class. Ten participants are necessary for a separate race, just like the other classes.
Okay, so it’s been a while since I’ve done a “5 things” but I think last night’s showing of Canadian skill at the X Games Enduro X. Now, I know a lot of you weren’t able to watch it, but I’m hoping you were following us on twitter, @MXandOffroad; I stayed up all night just for you guys! Oh, and to watch two Canadians bring home bronze. Who? Well, you’ll have to wait.
At the Las Vegas opener of the Geico AMA Endurocross there were over a dozen Canadians who qualified for the night event and now there is another impending invasion coming, on Canada Day no less. While many of us will be celebrating our nation’s 145th birthday with barbeques and beer, five patriots will be going to LA to compete at what is, practically, the Olympics of extreme sports: the X Games.
The 2012 GEICO AMA EnduroCross Championship will have extensive TV exposure in the coming weeks. It will start with the original airing of the opening round from Las Vegas on the Lucas Motorsports Hour on the NBC Sports Channel this Saturday, June 23rd at 4:30 PM Eastern. Then on Sunday, July 1st, Enduro X will be part of X Games 18 and air on ESPN 2 at 9:00 PM Eastern. One week later, on Sunday, July 8th, the Sacramento event will air on the Lucas Motorsport Hour on the NBC Sports Channel at 5:00 PM Eastern.
Irvine, CA (June 20, 2012) – Heading into the Sacramento round of the GEICO AMA EnduroCross Championship, there were eight open spots for riders to earn an invitation to X Games 18 Enduro X. For both the male and female riders, the top two non-qualified finishers would earn an invitation. In addition, the top two riders in the point standings in each class would also earn an invite.
- Update: RAIN DELAY POSTPONES RED BULL ROCKS AND LOGS UNTIL MAY 26, 2013
- Wolrd Enduro Canada Mini Enduro Rescheduled
- RAIN DELAY POSTPONES RED BULL ROCKS AND LOGS UNTIL MAY 26, 2013
- Offroad Ontario Colborne Cross Country
- ALBERTANS SET TO BATTLE IT OUT AT CANADA’S FIRST URBAN ENDUROCROSS CHALLENGE THIS WEEKEND
- CGRT Welcomes Ryan Linderman
- Gold, gold and silver at X-Games EnduroCross in Barcelona
- Cairoli celebrates 58th career GP in MX1 GP of Brazil
- Roczen opens his Outdoor MX season in winning style
- Monster Energy’s Ryan Villopoto Starts Motocross Season in Dominating Fashion
- Desalle Recovers From Crash to Spray the Champagne