MONTREAL, QC - After winning earlier his MX1 class for the second year in-a-row, Californian Matt Goerke was ready for an encore in the Monster Energy Grand Finale at the Monster Energy Supermotocross, presented by Parts Canada/Thor, on Saturday, September 29. On a shorter track, the match between the top MX2 and MX1 riders proved to be an interesting outing, but eventually, the more powerful 450 cc MX1 bikes swept the podium.
1 1 Matt goerke USA KAW 54.65 14 Tours 52.50
2 7 Bobby kiniry USA YAM 56.27 +9.24 53.21
3 3 Teddy maier USA KAW 57.68 +11.09 51.69
1 Matt goerke QUE 52.03 13 Tours
74 Tyler Bowers QUE KAW 56.18 +11.63
7 Bobby kiniry QUE YAM 57.98 +12.28
Paul Jordan was at the Riverglade MX round of the Monster Energy Motocross series last weekend and took so many amazing photos, I've spent the last week combing through and here are just some of the results. So without further delay, here is Part 2 of the Riverglade Photogallery, showcasing the riders of the big, bold MX1 class and their burley 450s.
Results after Round 7 of the Monster Energy Motocross Nationals
From Paul Jordan -
The 7th round of the CMRC National Series made its only Atlantic stop at the Riverglade Motocross Park on August 5th and pro riders from across Canada and the United States invaded the Glade for some amazing racing. Everyone agrees that one of the best parts about the Glades weekend are the amazing fans. This year was no exception with thousands of people filling the stands and grounds in the scorching heat where temperatures were pushing 40 degrees.
So we’re past the half way point in the Monster Energy Motocross Nationals. With Gopher Dunes done there are only four rounds remaining in the 9 round series, Ste Julie, Riverglade, Sand Del Lee and Walton. Monster Energy/Leading Edge Kawasaki/Thor’s Matt Goerke has a tremendous lead in the MX1 class, having handed only a single win over to OSTFF/Rockstar Energy/Yamaha’s Bobby Kirniry. In his rookie year in the big bike class, Tyler Medaglia has managed to keep his Gopher Dunes Racing/Powersport Canada Honda/Troy Lee Designs ride in front of former teammates and series favourites Colton Facciotti and Dusty Klatt on their Red Bull/Royal Distributing/Fox Racing/KTMs.
Gopher Dunes is one of the toughest, most physically demanding stop on the Monster Energy Motocross National series. Riders deal with not only each other, but the scorching July sun and the physically draining, power robbing sand of the dunes.
- Desalle Recovers From Crash to Spray the Champagne
- Anstie Unlucky, but Seewer Podiums at Agueda
- Monster Energy's Villipoto and Bowers Race to the Top of the Podium in Las Vegas
- Roczen Crowned AMA West 250SX Supercross Champion
- Jeffery Herlings Continues to Blitz MX2 GP Scene
- KTM's Mike Brown Wins AMA EnduroCross Season Opener
- The Atlantic CMRC Motocross Spring Series begins at Riverglade Motocross Park
- TwoTwo Motorsports Wins Inaugural Jackpot Challenge Team Award Thanks to Keon McLeod
- GDR in partnership with Honda Canada and Troy Lee Designs is set to kick off 2013 season!
- Monster Energy Kawasaki's Ryan Villopoto Wins Third Straight Supercross Title
- Villopoto clinches third straight title